Corpus Christi Catholic Home Educators is an association of lay faithful established to promote homeschooling among Catholic families and to support those families who are engaged in providing their childrenís primary education at home.
CCCHE has, as its foundation and as the guiding principle of all its functions and activities, fidelity to the teaching magisterium of the Catholic Church, particularly to the Pope, who, as successor to St. Peter, is the universal teacher in matters of faith and morals, and to the diocesan bishop teaching in communion with him.
Current members are from Albuquerque, New Mexico and surrounding areas, including Rio Rancho and the East Mountains
- All Saintís Day Celebration
- Easter Monday Picnic
- Catholic History Fair
- May Crowning
- Monthly Mass Attendance
- Youth Group Meetings & Activities
- Chess Club Meetings & Competition
- Annual Corpus Christi Day Picnic
- Field Trips
- Parent meetings give us the opportunity to share ideas and give/receive support
- Additional activities are planned to help build community among Catholic homeschooling families
- Families are welcome to take part in any or all activities
- Information is shared through newsletter, e-mail and meetings
- Membership fee is $15 a year
We have parent meetings generally in January, March, May, July, August and October at 7 pm. CCCHE members volunteer to host the meetings in their homes. The meetings allow for CCCHE business and planning to occur, provide a forum for discussing homeschool topics, and give us time for parent fellowship. While these meetings are only for parents so that little ears arenít listening to any discussions that might arise about homeschool difficulties, babies are always welcome to attend. On the months with no meetings, there may be a Momís Night at a local restaurant if there is enough interest.Some of the topics that have been discussed in the past are:
- Bring your homeschool problem/question for discussion
- Extracurricular activities, what is available?
- Favorite children and adults books (everyone bring one title for each)
- Curriculum choices
Ideas for meeting topics are solicited from the membership or decided upon by the President and Vice President if there are no requests.
- For more information contact Mary